Graphic Designer 2020 (Election Cycle)
About The Campaign Workshop:
The Campaign Workshop is a fun and quirky bunch of political professionals offering a variety of progressive political consulting services, specializing in direct mail, print and digital advertising for issue advocacy, candidate and ballot initiative campaigns. Basically, all the fun political stuff. We build award-winning, custom-made, strategically driven campaigns for a variety of clients. We’re campaign people who love to design and support progressive campaigns who are making real change in the world. For samples of our work, please visit our website. Also, we have done an extensive amount of writing on our blog and in our e-books.
The Campaign Workshop is committed building a diverse team and a culture where different backgrounds and perspectives are welcome and strive for equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, physical and/or mental disability, race, age, national origin, color, religion, veteran’s status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, personal appearance, family responsibility, and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law.
We are a full remote company, with an office in DC, offering a welcoming and relaxed (for as much as politics is relaxing), flexible work environment and believe in intentional leadership development of all our staff.
The Campaign Workshop seeks a creative Graphic Designer with experience using Adobe Creative Cloud products to design striking visuals and the ability to produce both print and digital media to join our team for the 2020 Election Cycle. This temporary position is from August 10 - November 8, 2020. The successful candidate should have a general understanding of operating in a client focused environment as well as an ability to take a prompt and translate it into an effective visual. Our industry is a fast-paced environment, so the ideal Graphic Designer will be able to hit the ground running. This position is remote, with the option of working out of our Washington, D.C office.
Graphic Designer responsibilities
• Work on multiple, concurrent projects with tight timelines
• Design, edit, and refine printed marketing materials (specifically, direct mail), websites visuals, and static digital media
• Collaborate with creative and client account teams to create cohesive designs that reflect our clients’ needs and goals
• Resize suites of digital ads
• Edit existing design projects to support other designers on the team
• Organize and keep stock photo library up to date
Graphic Designer knowledge, skills and abilities
• Standard experience with Adobe CC
• A strong portfolio that demonstrates graphic design skills in both print and digital media
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially with diverse minded teams
• Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
• Effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize with input from team members
• Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines
• Meticulous organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through
• A commitment to asking questions and seeking help when you need it
• A commitment to social and political change
What you’ll gain
• Seeing firsthand the ins and outs of graphic design from concept to completion
• Understanding account management and client relations
• Mentorship from experienced staff
Equal opportunity employer, no phone calls please. Position is temporary, ending November 8, 2020. Cover letters, resumes and portfolio links should be sent to email@example.com. Please reference job title in your subject line. References may be requested. Applications should be submitted by July 10, 2020.
Salary will be prorated based on an annual salary range of $45,000 - $55,000, prorated for August – November.