Junior Graphic Designer (2020 Cycle)
About The Campaign Workshop:
We are a full-service political consulting firm that specializes in strategy, digital advertising, direct mail and training for issue advocacy, independent expenditure, and candidate and ballot initiative campaigns. We build custom-made, strategically driven programs for our clients, and our work is carefully (and creatively) tailored to fit the specific needs and goals of each client. We are a company committed to building movements and supporting each other in doing the work. We love to design and support progressive campaigns, and we love to teach people how to do the work themselves. For samples of our work and more about our company, please visit our site.
The Campaign Workshop is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to gender, physical and/or mental disability, race, age, national origin, color, religion, veteran’s status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, personal appearance, family responsibility, and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law.
The Campaign Workshop seeks a creative Junior Graphic Designer with experience using Adobe Creative Cloud products to design striking visuals and the ability to produce both print and digital media to join our team for the 2020 Election Cycle. This temporary position is from January 6 - November 15, 2020. The successful candidate should have a general understanding of operating in a client-focused environment as well as an ability to take a prompt and translate it into an effective visual. Our industry is a fast-paced environment, so the ideal Junior Graphic Designer will be able to hit the ground running.
Junior Graphic Designer responsibilities:
• Work on multiple, concurrent projects
• Design, edit, and refine printed marketing materials, websites, and digital media
• Collaborate with creative and client account teams to create cohesive designs that reflect our clients’ needs and goals
• Resize suites of digital ads
• Edit existing design projects to support other designers on the team
• Organize and keep stock photo library up to date
Junior Graphic Designer knowledge, skills and abilities:
• General experience with Adobe CC
• A strong portfolio that demonstrates graphic design skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills especially with diverse minded teams
• Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
• Effective time management skills
• Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines
• Strong organizational skills and follow-through
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize projects with input from others
• A commitment to asking questions and asking for help when you need it
• A commitment to social and political change
Equal opportunity employer, no phone calls please. Position is temporary, ending
November 15, 2020. Cover letters, resumes and portfolio links should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job title in your subject line.
References may be requested. Applications should be submitted by November 30, 2019.
Salary will be prorated based on an annual salary range of $35,000 - $45,000.