Marketing Lead - Full Time
About The Campaign Workshop:
The Campaign Workshop is a fun and quirky bunch of political and advocacy professionals offering a variety of progressive consulting services, specializing in strategy, digital advertising, direct mail and content for issue advocacy, candidate and ballot initiative campaigns. Basically, all the fun political, membership, and advocacy stuff. We build award-winning, custom-made, strategically driven campaigns for a variety of clients. We’re campaign people who love to design and support progressive campaigns and nonprofits who are making real change in the world. For samples of our work, please visit our website. Also, we have done an extensive amount of writing on our blog and in our e-books.
The Campaign Workshop is committed to building a diverse team and a culture where different backgrounds and perspectives are welcome and strive for equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, physical and/or mental disability, race, age, national origin, color, religion, veteran’s status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, personal appearance, family responsibility, and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law.
We are a fully remote company, with an office in DC, offering a welcoming and relaxed (for as much as politics is relaxing), flexible work environment and believe in intentional leadership development of all our staff.
The marketing lead is a full-time position that works to manage the company’s marketing outreach and content offerings. Ideal candidates will have strong organizational and writing skills, superior attention to detail, and have the capacity to manage up. The majority of this role’s job responsibilities will pertain to marketing, though there will also be sales and client-facing responsibilities as needed. The position is remote and the marketing lead reports to the VP of Training and Strategic Planning while also working closely with the President.
- Proactively drive marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives
- Work on and expand 2021 marketing plan to meet quarterly traffic and lead goals
- Create marketing assets for the company to increase backlinks, press, and traffic to the website
- Run marketing email program for the company (e.g. TCW Advocacy training, blog subscribers, monthly content marketing emails)
- Manage, oversee and execute Hubspot marketing automation
- Maintain the company social media presence (including writing entries, scheduling posts and copy editing)
- Execute content marketing strategy (blog process, content offers, eBooks, marketing assets)
- Manage company websites for lead generation and employer brand (TCW Advocacy, TCW Printshop, TCW)
- Generate earned media opportunities via media outreach and quality press kit
- Ensure brand consistency through all marketing channels
- Reporting and analysis on sales and marketing metrics (e.g. web traffic, leads, etc)
- Work with the VP of Training and Strategic Planning to recruit and organize TCW’s annual Advocacy Trainings
- Build lists of contacts and organizations for email marketing
- Create a weekly list of leads for sales to contact
- Manage feedback process with sales to improve website, messaging, positioning, marketing automation, and lead capture to increase sales
- Help coordinate between the marketing and sales departments
Client Facing Responsibilities
- Draft proposals and memos for potential clients
- Conduct issue research and draft research-based documents
- Detail-oriented editing and proofreading for a variety of documents, including client-deliverables
- Project management with vendors
- Work directly with clients on marketing projects, such as keyword research, email marketing, social media, etc.
- Manage marketing project with TCW interns
- Other duties as assigned
- Drive content scheduling
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Motivated self- starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to multitask
- Strong writing, copy-editing and research skills
- Experience (1 year+) with a marketing automation/CRM tool (Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot)
- Fierce Excel skills, working knowledge of Macs
- Able to manage up and down
- Previous experience in a marketing or sales environment is a plus
- Experience using Wordpress, Drupal, and other CRMs is a plus
- A strong interest in and commitment to progressive politics
- Proactively creating better processes and finding needed solutions
- Understanding of the marketing lead nurturing process
- Familiarity with online content marketing and social media development strategies
- Familiarity with SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Project management skills
The salary for this position will be dependent on experience with a range from $40,000 - $52,000 along with a package for benefits including health insurance coverage and generous paid time off.
Equal opportunity employer, no phone calls, please. All employees of The Campaign Workshop are at-will. Cover letters, resumes, and a writing sample should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional writing samples and references may be requested. The position is full time and will include full pay and a great benefits package.