Junior Account Manager 2020 (Election Cycle)
About The Campaign Workshop:
The Campaign Workshop is a fun and quirky bunch of political and advocacy professionals offering a variety of progressive consulting services, specializing in strategy, digital advertising, direct mail and content for issue advocacy, candidate and ballot initiative campaigns. Basically, all the fun political, membership and advocacy stuff. We build award-winning, custom-made, strategically driven campaigns for a variety of clients. We’re campaign people who love to design and support progressive campaigns who are making real change in the world. For samples of our work, please visit our website. Also, we have done an extensive amount of writing on our blog and in our e-books.
The Campaign Workshop is committed to building a diverse team and a culture where different backgrounds and perspectives are welcome and strive for equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, physical and/or mental disability, race, age, national origin, color, religion, veteran’s status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, personal appearance, family responsibility, and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law.
We are a full remote company, with an office in DC, offering a welcoming and relaxed (for as much as politics is relaxing), flexible work environment and believe in intentional leadership development of all our staff.
The Junior Account Manager is a full-time, temporary position from July 15 to November 6 of 2020, responsible for assisting with the creation and implementation of communications programs (including direct mail and digital advertising) to further the goals of our clients. The Junior Account Manager reports to a Senior Account Manager or Vice President (VP) and works with other members of staff on assigned projects. This position is remote, with the option of working out of our Washington, D.C office.
Responsibilities of the Junior Account Manager will include:
· Working closely with Account Staff and VPs to develop and implement creative and eye-catching direct mail and digital communications programs for our clients
· Building and managing budgets for client programs to get them the most for their money
· Managing database entries and scheduling for client programs
· Writing enticing proposals and memos to send to clients
· Developing creative memos to share with designers, programmers and clients
· Coordinating with graphic designers to shepherd direct mail and digital advertising through the design process
· Producing organized, well-sourced research documents to inform our work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Ability to manage workflow, timelines and schedules
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to problem-solve
· Ability to enjoy a fun and quirky work environment
What you’ll gain:
· Seeing firsthand the ins and outs of political consulting
· Understanding client management and relations
· Gain knowledge and skillsets on creative, producing and managing direct mail and digital programs.
· Create connections and networks with organizations inside the progressive movement
· Mentorship from experienced staff who’ve made a living doing this work
· Proficient with Excel, Word, Power Point
· Commitment to the progressive movement
Equal opportunity employer, no phone calls please. Position is temporary, ending November 6, 2020. Cover letters, resumes and portfolio links should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job title in your subject line. References may be requested. Applications should be submitted by July 10.
Salary will be prorated based on an annual salary range of $40,000 - $50,000, prorated for July – November.