Senior Account Manager for the Election Cycle (Remote)
What You’ll Do:
The Senior Account Manager is a full-time, temporary position from June 1 through November 10, 2022. You will be responsible for the creation, implementation and management of communications programs (including direct mail and digital advertising) to further the goals of our clients. The Senior Account Manager reports to a Vice President (VP) and works with other members of staff on assigned projects. As a senior account manager, you will:
- Work closely with Account Staff and VPs to develop and implement creative and eye-catching direct mail, digital communications and trainings for our clients
- Manage multi-faceted client projects from start to finish
- Manage account staff on client projects
- Build and manage budgets for client programs to get them the most for their money
- Write enticing proposals and memos to send to clients
- Develop creative memos to share with designers, programmers and clients
- Coordinate with graphic designers to shepherd direct mail and digital advertising through the design process
- Monitor digital programs, pull reports and write client-facing analysis
- Produce organized, well-sourced research documents to inform our work
- Contribute to TCW’s content offerings, including blog posts, eBooks, etc.
- Manage database entries and scheduling for client programs
- Maintain partnerships with key vendors
Who You Are:
This is not an entry-level role. While we don’t require a set number of years of experience, we expect that most successful candidates will have spent three to five years working in progressive politics, advocacy, non-profits, or similar client management roles.
- Ready to own work on day one. We’ll give you a lot of responsibility, and you’ll be able to set goals, take ownership over key projects, and start moving the ball forward. You’ll effectively manage up and laterally in a small team, ask for help when you need it, and receive feedback productively.
- An adept organizer and problem-solver. You can juggle multiple complex projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. You can predict roadblocks before you reach them, and plan ahead to make sure that we deliver results for our clients.
- A strong writer and verbal communicator. You can help our clients tell their stories through direct mail and digital communications. You can communicate complex problems to team members and clients, and distill complicated messaging down to a few sentences.
- Deeply committed to racial justice and all forms of equity. You understand how your identities impact the way you show up at work, and you’ll use your platform at The Campaign Workshop to help us build an inclusive and equitable workplace.
If you’re not sure that you have all of these skills, please throw your hat in the ring anyway! We’re most excited to work with people who learn quickly and want to help us advocate for progressive causes.
What You’ll Gain:
- You’ll make an impact. You’ll be at the frontlines of our work to champion progressive causes and you’ll gain firsthand experience in political consulting, client management, and the creation, production and management of campaigns.
- We’re committed to learning and growth. We really invest in our people, through training, feedback, and mentorship. Some folks stay at TCW for decades, while others use this as a launchpad into careers across the progressive ecosystem. We create space for mistakes and take dedicated time for learning and professional development.
- We show up for each other. We’re a diverse team with a wide range of experiences –– some of us have been at TCW through 13 years and 4 promotions, and others are just starting out here as their first job out of college –– but we share a commitment to building a workplace where we can all thrive. We respect each others’ boundaries, recognize that we all have commitments beyond work, and trust each other to get work done.
- You’ll love working here. We’re a small, collaborative team of people who really care about doing good work and who treat each other with compassion and respect. We offer great benefits and real opportunities for growth.
The salary range for this role is $75,000-$90,000 annually, which will be prorated for the election cycle along with great benefits, including:
- Paid vacation days before September 1, 2022.
- Blue Cross PPO platinum plan with the premium fully covered
- 401K with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% after 6 months of employment.
- $45 per month cell phone stipend and a $50/mo internet stipend.
- Full remote office set up
The Campaign Workshop is committed to building a diverse team and a culture where different backgrounds and perspectives are welcome and we strive for equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, physical and/or mental disability, race, age, national origin, color, religion, veteran’s status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, personal appearance, family responsibility, and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law.
We’ve worked to build a work environment where people with all backgrounds and identities can thrive, and we want our hiring process to reflect that. If there are any accommodations that would help you in submitting your application, interviewing, or completing our hiring tasks, please email email@example.com.