Graphic Design Internship (Remote): Summer of 2022
What You’ll Do:
The Graphic Designing Internship is a part-time position, requiring 20-30 hours per week. You’ll report to a Senior Graphic Designer and work with other members of staff on assigned projects. As a Graphic Design Intern, you will:
- Assist in design of direct mail and static digital ads
- Photoshop images as needed
- Help create content for TCW's blog and content marketing strategy
- Conduct search for stock photos to use in mail and digital campaigns
- Image management keyword tagging of stock photography
- Help maintain and organize art files
- Sit in on creative brainstorming sessions
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- An adept organizer and problem-solver. You can juggle multiple complex projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. You can predict roadblocks before you reach them, and plan ahead to make sure that we deliver results for our clients.
- A quick and eager learner. We are looking for folks who can learn how to do our work quickly. We’re a small team, and we all wear lots of hats, and you’ll help us fill gaps. You can pick up on new ideas, ask questions to fill in knowledge gaps, and find solutions to problems that you don’t already know the answer to.
- Deeply committed to racial justice and all forms of equity. You understand how your identities impact the way you show up at work, and you’ll use your platform at The Campaign Workshop to help us build an inclusive and equitable workplace
- Passionate about progressive politics. You’re interested in public policy, politics, or social justice, and want to work with us to support progressive campaigns, unions, and advocacy groups. It’s totally fine if this is your first internship or you haven’t worked in politics before: We’re primarily interested in folks who are eager to learn more about our work and care about the causes we’re working on.
- Interested in learning more about graphic design. We are looking for a current undergraduate student or recent graduate who is looking for hands-on experience in graphic design and who has some experience in Adobe Creative Cloud through relevant coursework or prior internships.
What You’ll Gain:
As a TCW Graphic Design intern, you will learn the ins and outs of designing for progressive political consulting and explore the world of digital advertising, direct mail production, client sales, brand marketing, and training. You will have the opportunity to engage with issues at the forefront of American politics, all while building both professional experience and developing real design skills
- You’ll make an impact. You will work closely with our staff who have a broad range of knowledge in different areas and gains hands-on experience in the professional creative process from brainstorming to finished product
- We’re committed to learning and growth. We really invest in our people, through training, feedback, and mentorship. Some folks stay at TCW for decades, while others use this as a launchpad into careers across the progressive ecosystem. We create space for mistakes and take dedicated time for learning and professional development.
- We show up for each other. We’re a diverse team with a wide range of experiences –– some of us have been at TCW through 13 years and 4 promotions, and others are just starting out here as their first job out of college –– but we share a commitment to building a workplace where we can all thrive. We respect each other’s boundaries, recognize that we all have commitments beyond work, and trust each other to get work done.
- You’ll love working here. We’re a small, collaborative team of people who really care about doing good work and who treat each other with compassion and respect. We offer an exceptional benefits package, generous bonuses, and real opportunities for growth.
The TCW Summer 2022 graphic design internship requires a part-time commitment of 20-30 hours per week and will run from May 31st to August 19th (dates are flexible). Internship positions pay $18 per hour.
The Campaign Workshop is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to gender, physical and/or mental disability, race, age, national origin, color, religion, veteran’s status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, personal appearance, family responsibility and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law.
We’ve worked to build a work environment where people with all backgrounds and identities can thrive, and we want our hiring process to reflect that. If there are any accommodations that would help you in submitting your application, interviewing, or completing our hiring tasks, please email email@example.com.
Apply by submitting a cover letter and resume here.